|Mushroom and Bacon Pizza|
This pizza is soft, stretchy and fluffy. Very basic and simple to make this great dish!
- 290ml hand-hot water
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 480g Strong bread/plain white flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Yeast
1) Mix the sugar and yeast into the jug of water. Whisk until mixed and leave to stand for about 10 minutes until it starts to get frothy.
2) Meanwhile, measure out the flour and sift into a large bowl. Add the sugar and salt.
3) Create a well in the dry ingredients; pour the olive oil into the well and mix. Then, create a second well and gradually add the yeast, salt and water mixture into it (while mixing in-between). You may have to add a extra drop of warm water. You should have a ball of dough that leaves the bowl clean.
4) Next, place the dough onto a clean, floured surface. Knead thoroughly until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
5) Return the dough to the bowl and cover with clingfilm or a tea-towel. Place in a warm area until the dough has doubled in size this will take about an hour.
6) Place the dough onto a floured surface and knock down to it's original size. Tear the dough in two and press each half onto it's own tray. Do this by pushing it down with your knuckles and gradually stretch it to fit the whole tray. Be careful not to tear the dough.
7) Now, put your chosen toppings onto your pizza. Remember to start with the tomato paste and then the cheese.
8) Place your pizza onto the top shelf of the oven and cook until golden-brown.
9) Enjoy your pizza!
This pizza is very nice, but did not live up to what I expected. It was good, but, even though it is simple to make, the effort put into it was not worth the taste. 3/5