- 4oz (110g) self-raising flour
- 1 slightly rounded tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 (40g) sugar
- 2oz (50g) margarine
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
1) Preheat the oven to gas mark 5, 375°F (190°C). Line with grease-proof paper or grease a medium or large baking tray.
2) Measure flour, ginger, sugar and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl. Then, lightly rub in the margarine (Tip: Putting the margarine in the microwave for a couple of seconds will help make it easier to use) until the mixture is crumbly.
3) Add the syrup and mix until a stiff paste is formed.
5) Put in the oven for 10 minutes. When they come out, leave to cool for 10 minutes as well. Bear in mind the will be very soft when taken out of the oven, so lift them carefully so that they don't break. The will harden as they cool.
I love this recipe simply because it is so so quick and easy whilst giving great results! 5/5