- 500ml milk- 100g sugar
- 30ml plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 40g butter
- 2ml salt
- 30ml cornflour
- 5ml vanilla essence
- Large pastry dish
1) Measure out milk, sugar, butter and salt into a medium-sized pot. Set aside.
2) In a small bowl, measure out the flour and cornflour. Gradually add drops of milk until it becomes a thick paste.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk eggs together. Add to paste.
4) Turn stove to medium heat and heat the mixture in the pot. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
5) When simmering, add the mixture from the small bowl. Now QUICKLY stir until the mixture becomes a thick paste- this avoids lumps.
6) Pour into the pastry dish and leave to cool down for a couple of minutes.
7) Making sure the mixture is level, cover the whole of the top with cinnamon. Make sure no white is visible.
8) Put in the fridge to set.
Definitely try this out! Am certainly going to make this again soon. 5/5