|Vanilla Ice Cream|
If I'm honest, I wasn't sure that this would work. The recipe didn't involve any techniques that I thought people did to make ice cream, it was essentially mixing egg whites with a cream mixture and freezing it. However, it turned out perfect! The texture and taste were exactly the same as ice cream should be. It was a great, refreshing treat to cool us down in this weather!
- 600ml double cream
- 250g caster sugar
- 6 eggs, seperated
- 1/2 - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large bowls
1) In the first bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff.
2) In the second bowl, whip the cream with the vanilla until stiff.
3) In the third bowl, beat the egg yolks with sugar until creamy.
4) Add egg yolks mixture to cream mixture and beat again.
5) Fold (carefully and slowly passing a spatula down through the mixture, across the bottom, and up over the top. the egg whites into this mixture. Folding reduces the amount of air lost, opposed to simply mixing.
6) Pour into a container and freeze for a day.
This recipe is very quick to mix up and simple to do, certainly something I will be doing again! 5/5